Friday, September 24

I Make Great Sammiches!

I was chatting with a friend (and faithful reader) who mentioned that she loved my post on snack suggestions.  I was telling her about how I’ve discovered two fantastic sandwich combinations that have been my lunch obsession for weeks now (my nutritionist says I get on food kicks just like a 5-year-old).  But they’re both fantastic and fantastically easy to make!
The first is a Toasted Roast Beef Sandwich.  On the weekend, I’ll get a beef round roast and make it for dinner on Monday (stick it in the crock pot for 10 hours in the morning and you have dinner waiting for you when you get home).  Now you have leftover roast beef:
2 slices of low-calorie/high-fiber bread
10 grams of dijon mustard
3 ounces roast beef (reheated)
1 ounces reduced fat blue cheese (or gorgonzola)
My second is a Toasted Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich.  Again, on the weekend I’ll grill up a bunch of chicken breasts to use throughout the week.
2 slices of low-calorie/high-fiber bread
10 grams of dijon mustard
2 ounces chicken breast (reheated)
2 ounces lean deli ham
1 ounce slice of reduced fat swiss cheese
Just toast the bread and layer on your ingredients.  You can even spice things up with a couple slices of tomato or some fresh basil leaves.  Both sandwiches are between 300 and 350 calories.  The secret ingredient is Sara Lee Delight White bread—each slice is 45 calories, and I’m pretty sure they make the stuff with fairy dust because it’s delicious.  Pair them with a handful of carrots and half an apple and you have a perfectly balanced lunch!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

sounds delicious!!! can't wait to try it.
I really like you making meal suggestions :)



I'm out for answers to the big questions in my life!






Live it out everyday